Mission of the InvestEU Advisory Hub
The advisory support offered by the InvestEU Advisory Hub (the Advisory Hub) is aligned with the objectives of the InvestEU Programme, and it will be delivered through a number of thematic advisory initiatives in the InvestEU eligible sectors and priorities.
Advisory initiatives are set up under all four InvestEU policy windows, as well as under a cross-sectoral component for horizontal advisory support services.
The InvestEU Advisory Hub:
- Supports the identification, preparation, development, structuring, procurement and implementation of investment projects
- Enhances the capacity of promoters and financial intermediaries to implement financing and investment operations
- Supports awareness raising and preparatory activities for investment areas that show a clear market gap
The support of the InvestEU Advisory Hub does not require its beneficiaries to apply for financing through the InvestEU Fund, nor does it entitle them to receive such financing support, although most advisory initiatives are linked and support specific InvestEU financial products. Applications for financing under the InvestEU Fund have to be submitted separately and assessed in accordance with the respective eligibility criteria.
The InvestEU Advisory Hub structure
The InvestEU Advisory Hub is structured as follows:
- A central entry point for the provision of advisory support services and project development assistance for authorities and project promoters and financial or other intermediaries for centrally managed EU programmes
- Advisory initiatives under the four InvestEU policy windows as well as under a cross-sectoral/ horizontal advisory component
Existing EU advisory support programmes to be continued and integrated in the InvestEU Advisory Hub
The InvestEU Advisory Hub replaces thirteen centrally managed advisory programmes and becomes the central entry point for advisory and technical assistance requests. The InvestEU Advisory Hub does not just continue the existing advisory programmes, but upgrades and improves them to meet promoters’ needs and help turn business and project ideas into successful investment projects.
InvestEU Advisory Hub partners, implementing the InvestEU Advisory Hub support, provide project advisory, capacity building and market development support to promoters and intermediaries to create the InvestEU pipeline of projects.
By implementing 75% of the InvestEU Advisory Hub budget in delivering advisory services to beneficiaries, as well as providing strategic support to the European Commission to develop and reinforce advisory initiatives, the European Investment Bank Group (EIBG) acts as the main Advisory Partner within the InvestEU Advisory Hub.
The Commission and the EIB signed an advisory agreement on the provision of eleven thematic advisory support initiatives covering policy and investment priorities under the Sustainable Infrastructure Window, Research, Innovation and Digitisation and SME Window, Social Investment and Skills Window and the Cross-Sectoral Window of the InvestEU Advisory Hub.